Homepage Forums Training Logs The log of Millwood

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  millwood89 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

millwood89
    Participant

Hello to anyone who reads this. I just found the forums section on SS and decided to check them out. I like the idea of keeping a digital training log, but don’t really want to do the daily FB post or anything. This seems like a good environment where most wont care what I do, but a few may gain something from it or give me tips and advice. I am not going to post a long intro or anything because I did that on the SS facebook page. I am currently prepping for my first even, Alabama Strongest Man, August 10th. I will be competing as a HW Novice. I have been working hard and I think planning for a competition really helped me focus on training and really apply myself to training. I am not all that strong, but I hope to change that. In the next few days I will likely post an overview of my training so far and where I am at right now. I look forward to any conversations and any comments from the people here. Have a great day.

Be a little less shitty everyday...

millwood89
    Participant

Below are the events at my upcoming competition. I am competing as a HM Novice, the Ukrainian DL weight will be 425# Competition events

millwood89
    Participant

Not sure if the link for the picture worked in the previous post, so here are the events and weights for my class.

1. Log Press Medley: clean and press first 2 logs once; then clean once and press away on third log. Athlete must wait for a
      “down” call. Max reps in the 75 second time limit
    2. Yoke: pick and carry 50ft; drop and re-pick 50ft back (100ft total). Multiple drops allowed, 60 sec time limit.
    3. H-stone/sandbag/keg Medley: Pick and carry each implement 50ft. All implements will start at one end, all
      implements must finish on the mats, 75 sec time limit
    4. Ukrainian (blob) Deadlift- max reps in 60 sec. no straps, suits or briefs. Up and Down commands
    5. Keg Load Series: Load 5 kegs from lightest to heaviest. 60 sec time limit, no tacky. Keg must be standing upright.
      Platform height will be around 48-50inches.

Weights for HW Novice(in lbs.):

3 log Medley: 210, 230, 250
    Yoke: 600
    Ukrainian DL: 425
    H-stone, Sandbag, Keg medley: 250/each
    Keg load: 230, 250, 275, 300, 325

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.