Under Construction Forums Training Logs Pat's Training Journey back.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Pat Wilson 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author

Pat Wilson
    Participant

Well its’s been a long painful road back to getting healthy enough to lift weights again and I am finally starting to feel like myself again. I haven’t done any heavy weight training, due to tearing my acl back in March 2018. I tore both my pecs in May 2017. I am coming off one of the worst injuries I ever experienced, I have a severe herniated disc in my l4, and l5. I was very bad shape from competing in the Jacksonville pro am in 2016. That was my last show. One year prior to that I tore my pec in December 2014. I have torn my pec 3 times, all requiring surgery, I have had one of the worst back injuries and that damn right scared me away from strongman. I blew out my acl on a 275lbs log on rep 10. I compete as a 231lbs athlete. I always wanted to win my pro card, but I never did. I don’t really care about getting to the top in strongman anymore. I only care about overcoming my body and learning from my mistakes and doing a contest again, HEALTHY with no injuries. However, I am prepared for whatever happens it comes with the territory. I have competed in Strongman since 2006. I met Kalle Beck at NAS Nationals, we used to talk on Marunde-muscle and became friends by posting on the forums, this was pre Instagram and facebook. I am going to try and post my training on here, my training has been programmed by other people and I kind of want to do my own programming now. I have a lot of experience and my biggest battle is I train too heavy and train too intense before a contest. I just want to be healthy and get my deadlift up currently. I am pathetically weak. Here is Sunday’s training and Tuesdays.

2/3/19

Deadlift: 45 x 5, 135 x 2, 225 x 2, 315 x 2, 410 x 2. 8 x 3 with 325

Good Mornings, Glute Ham Raise, DB bent over rows, Db stiff legs.

3 rounds for 8 reps

2/5/19

Db Bench press:

30 x 10, 50 x 8, 70 x 8, 100 x 8 100 x 5 very controlled reps 3-4 seconds control down.

Push press super set with incline bench press. 135lbx and 95 on incline. 5 reps on PP and 95 on incline at 12 reps.

finished with triceps and chest work to get blood flow in the pecs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.