Under Construction Forums Training Logs Luigi Dioguardi's Training Log

Tagged: 

This topic contains 132 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Luigi Dioguardi 1 year ago.

• Author

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

First time ever to start a training log but I’m sure it will be of great help to share it on Starting Strongman!
    Will start tracking it on Monday.

sven-erik gough
    Participant

Welcome to the forum

Kalle Beck
    Keymaster

On the path to Italy’s Strongest Man πŸ™‚

Sign up for Monthly Training Templates https://store.startingstrongman.com/product/starting-strongman-training-templates/
    1 on 1 coaching https://store.startingstrongman.com/product/online-coaching/
    Subscribe http://Youtube.com/c/startingstrongman
    Follow http://Instagram.com/letkallelift

Sarah Scott
    Participant

Hey Luigi! I find it very helpful to keep a log here, especially when I wander off track and do extra/wierd stuff. Lol Welcome! πŸ™‚

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thanks to everyone and really appreciate the support, especially of my coach Kalle Beck who I find is one of the most source of inspiration right now in my journey.

A good change has been made in the weekend:

-First of all I changed team and now entered in ” Wolfclan Strongman” which is an italian team with really amazing people/athletes in there. Really happy to enter in this group with such a motivation.

BW (morning): 80,5 kg

Monday training 17/07/2017
    -Log clean and press:
    51 kg x 8
    61 kg x 6
    66 kg x 4
    71 kg x 3
    81 kg x 2 ( felt heavier than normal )
    91 kg x 5 x 1 RPE 9,5

Don’t know why today I was not so efficient in the press and felt everything heavier than usual. Maybe it was because of my legs with still strong DOMS from friday training. Still got the weight for sets and reps even with not good conditions

-Z press 50 kg 3×8

Was hard but managed to do it still adapting to this new weight for sets and reps ( which I did only once )

-Lat pulldowns with blue bands
    3×10

-Reverse plate flies 20 kg per hand
    3×10

Had to stop right there because I had to go to work and can’t finish all the exercises. Not a great problem

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Some photos after yesterday’s training

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Kalle Beck.

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Can’t post the photos here maybe I’m doing something wrong. Here is the link

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Kalle Beck
      Keymaster

I fixed one of your pictures you have to right click on a FB photo and “copy image address”

I’ll setup the forum so you can add photos directly whenever I find the time haha

Sign up for Monthly Training Templates https://store.startingstrongman.com/product/starting-strongman-training-templates/
      1 on 1 coaching https://store.startingstrongman.com/product/online-coaching/
      Subscribe http://Youtube.com/c/startingstrongman
      Follow http://Instagram.com/letkallelift

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thanks Kalle really appreciate it πŸ™‚

Wednesday training 19/07/2017
    BW 79.8 kg this morning

-3″ elevated deadlift raw only belt and straps:
    180 kg x 3
    190 kg x 3
    200 kg x 1
    215 kg x 1
    220 kg x 1 RPE 8

Very happy with the form, general thigtness and speed. Felt like a 3-4RM super happy with that.

-RDL no belt no straps
    144 kg 3×8

Went good but felt a little pain in my lower back-left glute while doing this. Nothing to worry about but I will take care of it and pay attention. Feeling much better this afternoon.

-Barbell row only straps
    100 kg 6×6

Form was good and also the weight was fairly easy. Focused on form and pull with all my back and trying to not use my arms to isolate the back. Also wearing straps helps a lot in feeling the back while doing rows, not certainly a grip issue.

-Farmer’s walk belt on
    130 kg per hand x 2 x 10 mt ( more or less ) NEW PR

Never did this weight before my best run was with 121 kg per hand. Was hard but I’m feeling a LOT stronger than before and it is helping greatly in enhancing my performances. Of course Kalle’s training is bringing me to a new other level of strength and physycal performace.

Here is the link of the video of the farmer’s : Farmer’s walk

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training 20/07/2017
    BW ( Morning) 78.8 ( Increasing carbs today )
    Good training today but the back issues I felt on the RDL yesterday are still bothering me a little bit and I am activating to recover it quickly. Will pay great attention to which exercise I can’t do and skip it to help recover faster.

-Seated swiss bar strict press
    37.5 kg x 8
    40 kg x x 7
    45 kg x 6
    50 kg x 6
    60 kg x 4
    70 kg x 1

I had another rep in me I was sure of it but when I tried to press it I failed, don’t know why

-Sling shot push ups
    2×50

-Green band triceps pressdown
    3×12

supersetted with red band pull aparts 3×15

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training 21/07/2017 ( last training of the week )
    BW ( morning ) didn’t check
    Good training today the back issues are recovering and I feel much better. I hope to fully recover asap but I’m feeling confident each day more.

-High bar wide stance parallel squat with belt on
    95 kg 6×6

Lowered the weight of 10 kg and I used this variation of the squat ( which is definitly not my style of squatting ) to stay super vertical with my torso and not use lower back to help recovering. Felt great work on the quads, obviously and didn’t feel pain.

-BB step ups
    40 kg 3×10

Lowered the weight to not stress my back and focusing on slow and controlled movements. Felt, again, great work on the quads

-Sandbag extensions over the yoke
    85 kg 6×1

Was not confident enough to do the 200 kg yoke run so I completely skipped this exercise and took the lighter sandbag to not stress back too much and focus few extensions over the yoke. Went very good and didn’t feel pain in the back so I’m super happy with that.

Training was better than passive rest because now I feel MUCH more pain free while I move or incline, with my torso, forward.

Will keep the low back as much warm as I possibily can as I found it is helping recovery in fact this morning I trained with leggings and kilt on which sounds weird but it makes my low back, hip muscles and legs warm a LOT πŸ™‚

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Quick update on Sunday:

Low back is 99% healed and it doesn’t hurt anymore when I move, rotate and incline the torso.

I should be able to train again at full regimen but I will see tomorrow how it goes when I warm up.

Was invited to partecipate on a strongman show ( not contest ) at the end of the “Pro Fighting Games 2017” on Thursday 27/07 at 8:00 PM in Naples.

Very excited and super happy to be chosen to promote the sport in my region !

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Finally getting back to training at 100% regimen, back is healed and doesn’t hurt anymore !

Monday training 24/07/2017
    BW (morning) 81.1 (high carbs and water on the weekend)

-Log clean each and press no belt no elbow sleeves
    -71 kg 6×6

Was pretty happy with it but was hard because of the breathing rhytm which is something I am working on.

-Standing BB strict press
    55 kg 3×10

Was supposed to do the Z press with 50 kg but the rack was occupied so I did a standing strict bb press. Very happy with that but was fatigued ( obviously ) after the log press

-Lat pulldowns with blue bands 3×10

-Reverse DB flies
    12 kg per hand 4×8

-Standing DB lateral raises
    16 kg per hand 4×8

-Plate front raises
    25 kg 4×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Very easy and light stuff today, back is completely healed and doesnìt hurt anymore !

Tuesday training ( I anticipated the workout of one day to get a rest day and get fresh for the show on Thursday evening ) 25/07/2017

-Low pick farmers ( like a low trap bar height ) RDL
    45 kg per hand 2×12

Nice and easy focused on controlling the movement and not getting hurt ( like I did last week ) on this exercise.

-Farmers Shrug
    65 kg per hand 2×12

Nice and easy

-BB row 80 kg 2×12

Just easy stuff here

-AB rollout
    +20 kg weighted vest 3×8

Really like this exercise is hard but it is giving a lot of benefits doing this as I can see my yoke, farmers walk, deadlift and squat core thightness going up like crazy

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training 31/07
    BW ( morning ) 79.8kg
    Good training today but I don’t know why I feel like I’m getting weaker in the pressing movements.. so weird..

-Log clean and press
    76 kg 4×4

Went good but as I said I feel like I’m loosing strength and weights that before felt easy now feel like man that is hard ! Is it normal fatigue accumulation ?

-Z press
    50 kg 2×8
    45 kg 2×8

Had to drop the weight during the sets cause I was loosing form and weight was too much

-Lat pulldown with blue bands with 1” peak contraction 3×12

-Reverse DB flies
    14 kg per hand 3×12

Nice pump into rear delts and upper back

-Side lateral raises
    14 kg per hand 3×12

Focused on squeezing the delts which is so hard for me to active those muscles

-Front plate raises
    20 kg 3×12

Decided to do a strongman competition on the weekend but I didn’t prepared specifically for it because I’m already qualified for the nationals in November and the weights are fairly easy.

Events will be:

-Axle clean and press 62kg for reps in 75”
    -Barbell deadlift medley( from the floor ) 160 kg x 2 – 180 kg x 2 – 200 kg x 2 – 220 kg x 2 in 75”
    -Medley 8 tyre flip 210 kg + 70 kg tyre carry for 15 mt + 100 kg keg carry for 15 mt

Will be fun for sure!

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Last training of the week before the competition on saturday night.

Thursday training 03/08
    BW ( morning ) 79.5 kg ( last day of lowering carbs, will recharge Friday a bit )

-Seated strict swiss bar press
    55 kg 3×10

Went good pretty happy with it

-Floor press
    60 kg x 5
    70 kg x 5
    80 kg x 3 x 5

Don’t know why I find this variation.. even more disturbing than regular bench press lol. Will try to improve it over the weeks !

-Triceps band pressdown with green bands
    3×15

– Band pull aparts with red band
    2×20 with supinated grip
    1×20 with pronated grip

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Going to update the log:
    -Friday 04/08 we travelled to Rosignano Solvay ( LI ) for the Etrurian strongman cup on saturday 05/08.

-Saturday : Competition day
    BW ( evening ) 78.7 kg

I did this competition just for fun and to try competing again after long time I was only training. It’s so good to be back.. with a 1Β° place πŸ™‚
    I didn’t prepared/trained specifically any of the events in the competition because I am really enjoying my off-season training and I’m making HUGE progress with it and so I didn’t want to change anything.
    Here’s are the events:

-Axle clean and press 62 kg for reps in 75” VIDEO HERE
    -Deadlift medley: 2x 160kg – 2x 180kg – 2x 200kg – 2x 220 kg in 75” VIDEO HERE
    -Medley: 8 Tyre flip 210 kg + 100 kg Keg carry 15 mt + 70 kg Tyre carry 15 mt in 90” VIDEO HERE

Had great fun competing and I smashed every event, surprisingly, without even training them and that means that the work I’m doing with Kalle is paying off great !

Here is the photo of the podium PHOTO HERE

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training 08/08
    Bw: Didn’t take it but I must start to going back up to a hyper caloric diet to increase muscle mass and size on my way to the national finals on November. Going back to under 80 kg it is not the concerning now

Good training today pressing felt a bit better than last week

-Log clean and press each
    81 kg 3×3

Went pretty good especially the last set.

-Log strict press
    62,5 kg 5×6

-Lat pulldowns with blue bands with 1” hold
    4×10

-Reverse DB flies
    16 kg per hand 4×10

-Side lateral raises
    12 kg per hand 4×10

-Plate front raises
    20 kg 4×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Wednesday training 09/08
    BW ( morning ) 79.8 kg ( 84-85 goal )

Good training today. Clime is very hot so there were some miserable conditions but it went pretty good.

-3” elevated deadlift no belt only straps
    180 kg 5×3

Went pretty good felt heavier than normal but nothing to worry about it there was some hot clime and I am still recovering fatigue from the comp. Form was great and solid

-Farmers low pick RDL with straps
    130kg 3×12

Focused on slow eccentric and glutes, back, and hamstrings activation

-Farmers low pick shrugs with straps
    150 kg 3×12

-Barbell row with straps
    90kg 3×12

-AB rollouts with 20 kg vest
    2×12

Had to stop here because I was late and I had to go to work

Good note is that my dad seems that wants to start training with me obviously not for strongman but at his age it will be very important to keep his body active and healty doing some weight training and bodyweight movements !

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training 10/08
    BW ( morning ) 80.1 kg

55 kg 3 x 12

Went good but the last set was very very hard to complete all the reps but I felt a GREAT work into my delts ( which are lacking of hypertrophy ) very happy with it.

-Floor press
    70 kg 2 x 4
    75 kg 2 x 4
    80 kg 2 x 4

This is a really annoying exercise for me I suffer it very much in fact If I start with 80 kg ( for example ) I can’t lift it even once.. I go back for a couple of sets and then I go up in weight and can hit it fairly easy…

-DB flies
    16 kg per hand 3×8

Focused on full stretching and squeezing the pecs. Felt great and a lot of work

Supersetted with band pull aparts with red bands 4×12
    2x pronated grip
    2x supinated grip

-Rolling triceps extensions with DB laying on decline bench
    12 kg per hand 4×12

Felt great work into the triceps , really nice exercise

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training 11/08
    BW didn’t take it

Good workout today but I did it in the evening so I had to take very short rests in between sets but it was a good workout !

-Back squat with belt and knee sleeves
    120 kg 5×2

Nice and easy speed was pretty good I just need to back squat more to get used again to the movement/depth

-Single leg squat to box
    BW 3×8

Quads were burning a lot but a very nice exercise !

-100kg farmers per hand x 15 mt + 105-110 kg sandbag carry x 20-25 mt

-Ab rollouts with 20 kg weighted vest on
    2×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training 14/08

Overhead is suffering a bit but I don’t think it is a muscle problem but it is a technique problem in fact I noticed that I tent to shoot the lof out in front of me. Need to work on that

– Log clean and press once
    62.5 kg x 5
    71 kg x 3
    76 x 3
    81 x 2
    86 2×2 + 2×1

Could not complete the 4×2 and the last 2 sets were 2 singles slow and heavy as hell. As i said I noticed that I tent to shoot the log in front of me and instead of pushing my head trought I pull my upper body back… need to work on that

-Log strict press 62.5 kg 2×8

-Lat pulldown with blue bands 4×12

-Reverse DB flies 17 kg 4×12

-Side lateral raises 12 kg per hand 4×12

-Plate front raises 20 kg 4×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Wednesday training 16/08

Good training today

-3” elevated deadlift no belt only straps
    160 kg 2×8

-Farmers deadlift with belt and straps
    100 kg per hand 5×5

-DB shurg 64 kg per hand 3×15

-BB row 100 kg 4×8

-AB roullouts bw 4×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training
    Good training today very happy with how it went

-Seated strict press swiss bar 60 kg 5×6

Went very good I have never did all this volume with this weight. Super happy with it !

-Sling shot bench
    100 kg 5×3

Went good as well but I lost a bit of feeling with bench technique..Should come up better quick

-DB flies 17 kg per hand 4×12 in superset with band pull aparts with red band 4×12

-Rolling triceps extension on a decline bench
    12 kg per hand 4×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Just come back from Lisboa it was a real fun holyday and I had some good workouts at a local commercial gym.

Unfortunately before going to Lisboa I had a low back injury that still bothers me now but it’s healing fine, I just need to have patience and let it heal normally.

Will continue tracking from tomorrow’s workout.

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Moday training

Good training today !
    Decided to use the barbell

-BB push press
    65 kg 4×6

Went very good speed was good and also technique I tried to stay more vertical with my torso while I was charging my legs and focused on pushing my head trough quick

-BB strict press
    45 kg 4×8

Went good as well focused on head trough and engaging back

-Lat pulldowns with blue bands
    3×12 with 1” pause a the bottom

-Chest supported reverse DB flies
    10 kg per hand 3×12

– Standing lateral raises
    12 kg per hand 3×12

-Plate front raises
    20 kg 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Wednesday training
    BW 77.4 kg ( morning ) very very bad… need to put weight and I’m losing weight.. WTF

Easy workout today just to get moving and let heal the back.

It is healing great and it does hurt just a lil bit in the lower back when I round my back and try to reach my feet for example. But its going very good

-DB deadlifts
    32 kg per hand 3×12

– Standing DB shrug
    32 kg per hand 3×12

Was too light needed to put more weight

-Chest supported row
    28 kg per hand 3×12

-AB pulldown with green band 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training

Good training today

52 kg 6×6

-Dips bw
    1×50
    1×25

-Chest supported row
    28 kg per hand 3×12

-Band pull aparts with red band
    2×20

-Dicks press
    36 kg 5×6

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training

Good training today back is healing slowly but fine

-Front squat
    40 kg 2×20

Did some very light front squat and it doens’t hurt my back very happy to be healing !

-Landmine leg press
    40 kg ( weights) 5×12

Did this exercise which doesn’t hurt my back and was very good for the legs. I put the barbell in a corner then the other side on my left trap and squatted with it. Seems like an hack squat machine, very very ncie for let the back heal.

-Sandbag carry 85 kg 3×15 mt

No back issues it seems, was worried a bit when I picked it up but it went good

-Single leg squat to box
    Bw 3×12

-AB rollouts
    Bw 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training
    BW didnt’ take it this morning

Good training today, low back is still hurting a bit when I reach down to pick something on the ground without using my legs ( like a stiff leg deadlift ) but its getting better. Used today the new strength shop back support which is awesome. Warmth and support at the same time. It will help my back a lot !

-BB push press
    70 kg 5×5

Went good, the first set felt heavier than the others but I’m happy with the speed and the technique. Volume PR at this weight

-BB standing strict press
    50 kg 5×6

Nice and easy I’m starting to notice the difference while engaging my back to press weight over my head. it really makes a huge difference.

-Lat pulldown with blue bands 3×12

-Chest supported reverse DB flies
    10 kg per hand 3×12

-Side lateral raises DB
    14 kg per hand 3×12

-Plate front raises
    20 kg 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Wednesday training

First time doing deadlift off the floor without pain ! Super happy to be deadlifting again. Strengthshop back support is doing miracles it keeps my lower back warm and protected

-BB deadlifts 100 kg 3×8

Nothing special but it’s good to be deadlifting again.

-Standing DB Shrugs
    42 kg per hand 3×15

Nice and easy. Weight was ok this time

-Back extensions
    15 kg 3×12

-Chest supported row
    32 kg 3×12

-AB pulldowns with green band
    3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training
    Good workout today!

-Sling Shot Bench
    90 kg 5×8 2′ rest

Really like this exercise I feel a lot of work into my triceps and front delts

-Dips with slow and controlled eccentric
    12 kg 3×10

Great work into my triceps and pecs !

-Chest supported row
    24 kg per hand 3×12

Used the slow and controlled eccentric phase and put less weight felt great work

2×20

-Dick pres
    37 kg 5×6

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training

Finally getting back squatting/deadlifting without pain!

-Front squat 60 kg 5×8

Nice and easy weight was light but enough to make me feel a good work

-Landmine Hack squat
    40 kg ( only of plates ) 4×15

-Sandbag carry
    80 kg 4×15 mt

No back pain in the pick and on the carry

-Single leg squat to box
    BW 3×12

-AB rollouts
    20kg weighted vest 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training

-Barbell push press
    80 kg 4×2

Pretty happy with the technique, the speed and everything. Volume PR here

-Barbell standing strict press
    60 kg 6×4

Put 60 kg instead of 54 because I felt like I was going to do it anyways at 60 kg. Super happy with how it felt pretty easy Never did before all this volume at this weight. 80 kg standing strict press coming ? I’m sure they will following this path !

-Chest supported Incline rear delt raise
    10 kg per hand 3×12

-Seated incline front delt raises
    12 kg per hand 3×12

-Triceps bands press down with green band
    3×12

-BB curls
    40 kg 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Wednesday workout

I anticipated the workout of Friday to Wednesday as I will fly to Munichen on Friday and come back to Italy on Sunday.
    Just because I wanted to give my legs a move

-Front Squat
    70 kg 4×6

– Landmine Hack squat
    40 kg ( only weights ) 3×15

-Sandbag carry 80kg 6x15m

-Single leg squat to box 3×6 in superset with Ab rollouts 3×10 both with 20 kg weighted vest

I supersetted this because I had very little time and put my 20 kg weighted vest on and did both.

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Good training today

-Sling shot bench 100 kg 4×6

Was harder than I thought but I managed to do it

– Dips + 25 lbs 3×11

– Farmer walk 60 kg per hand 4×20 mt

-Band pull aparts with red band 3×20

-Dicks press 5×5 40 kg

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training

Back near 100 % healed

-Barbell push press
    70 kg x 5
    80 kg x 3
    90 kg x 0

Don’t know why I failed the 90 kg because 80 kg were pretty nice and solid. at 90 kg I failed in the lockout. I tried 3 times but nothing

– Barbel strict press 60 kg 4×5

-Lat pulldowns with blue bands 3×12

-Chest supported rear delt raises
    12 kg per hand 3×12

-Standing front raises
    12 kg per hand 3 x 12

-Triceps bands pressdown with green band 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Wednesday workout

FINALLY back 100% healed ! It’s so good coming back to train without pain. Now it’s time to concentrate 100% on the Nationals finals that are coming in November ( events will be announced soon and I will put them in TP )

-Front squat no belt with knee sleeves
    75 kg 5×5

Nice and easy form was good and general thightness as well. So good to be training again at 100%.

-BB step ups 50 kg 3×10

Love this exercise even if it makes my quads burn a lot !

-Sandbag carry 110 kg 2×30 mt

So good to be training with the bigger sandbag again WITHOUT any problem !

-Single leg squat to box with 20 kg weighted vest
    3×8

-AB Rollouts + 20 kg weighted vest
    3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training

Good training today !

-Sling shot bench 105 kg 5×5

Harder than I thought because in the final sets I felt my triceps fried but I like a lot this kind of variation of the bench press. It overloads my triceps a lot and works very well

-Dips +12 kg
    3×12

-Farmers walk with turn at 15
    80 kg per hand x3x30 mt

So good to finally train again the farmers walk. The first set felt a bit heavier than I thought but on the second and third I was getting the right feeling with the exercise that I wasn’t doing since long time ago.

– Sling shot push ups 2×50

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training

So good to be training again without pain !

-Deadlift no straps with belt

140 kg 8×2 EMOM

Weight was easy but as I thought I lost just a bit of feeling with the exercise because the last time I did a deadlift was nearly 1 1/2 month ago. But it didn’t felt heavy.

-Standing farmers Shrugs with straps
    60 kg per hand 2×20

– Back extensions
    20 kg 4×10

-Chest supported row
    32 kg per hand 4×10

-AB pulldowns with green band
    3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training

Had very little time today to train so I did only the first 2 main exercises and unfortunally had to skip accessory work.

-BB Push press 70 kg 8×3

Nice and easy was a good speed work

-Seated BB strict press 65 kg 5×4

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Wednesday training

Good training today

– Front Squat 88 kg 6×4 with belt and knee sleeves

Went good I’m starting to feel confident and much more comfortable. Weight was easy but need to improve technique.

-BB step ups 50 kg 3×12

Love this exercise even if it burns out my quads

-Sandbag carry 80 kg 6×30 mt

Nice and easy

-AB rollouts with 20 kg weighted vest

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training
    BW: 78-78,5 kg ( I am actually trying to eat more becase after my holyday in Lisboa I ” magically” lost 4 kg πŸ™ )

Good training as well !

-Sling shot bench
    65 kg x 8
    80 kg x 8
    90 kg x 20

Went good I like very much this bench variation as I feel my triceps working a lot

-Dips + 35 lbs 4×8

Went good as well felt freat work into my pecs and triceps and I controlled the eccentric a bit just to get more muscle work. I like this exercise a lot and it is helping great in increasing muscle mass/ strength

– Farmers walk 80 kg per hand 15+15 mt x 5

First set felt heavy and slow as hell but from the second set and on it felt light and I was pretty fast with the speed. Very happy with it

-Dicks press 42 kg 5×5

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training

Good training today decided to use deadlift suit as it was long time ( since march ) that I didn’t use it.

-Deadlifts gear 180 kg 3×3

Felt weird and not comfortable at all but that’s normal since i’m not used to the suit anymore.

-Deadlifts raw 140 kg 3×3

– Standing Farmers shrugs 70 kg per hand 3×12

Great work into my traps

-Barbell row 100 kg 3×8

-Chest supported row 32 kg per hand 3×12

-AB pulldowns with greeen band 3×15

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training

Good training today !

-Axle Push press ( clean once )
    75 kg 6×4

First set felt heavy as hell but from set number 2 was nice and easy. Was not 100% energy due to less sleep this weekend and a lil bit of cold but will be fine and back to 100% in a few days.

-Standing Axle strict press
    41 kg 2×20

Great pump in the shoulders love it !

-Weighted pull ups
    + 10 kg 3×12

-Incline DB rear delt raises
    10 kg per hand 3×12

-Standing front delt raises
    12 kg per hand 3×12

-Triceps press down
    20 kg 3×12

-DB incline curls
    12 kg per hand 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Wednesday training:

Great training today !

Trained on the evening because I didn’t have time on the morning to train.

– Front squat with belt and knee sleeves
    95 kg 5×5

Volume PR at this weight ! Went very good and I’m very happy with the technique and the speed. Getting stronger day by day !

– 105 kg Sandbag into 170 kg backwards leg drag
    2×20 mt

Great medley my legs burned quite a bit but I was fast

-BB step ups 60 kg 3×8

-AB rollouts with 20 kg weighted vest
    3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thurday training:

Good training today as well

-Axle C&P clean each
    62 kg 3×5

Weight was easy but I focused on moving fast, cleaning in one motion and optimazing rep speed to don’t loose precious seconds.

-Sling shot bench
    72kg x 6
    85 kg x 6
    97.5 kg x 10

-Dips + 16 kg
    3×10

-Band pull aparts with red bands
    3×20

-Dicks press 44 kg 4×5

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training

Good training today !

-Gear deadlifts
    100 kg x 5
    140 kg x 5
    160 kg x 5 ( full gear on ) nice and easy getting used and a lot more comfortable with the suit.
    160 kg x 5 ( half suit on ) just to see the differences and it’s better with the suit on
    180 kg x 5 ( full gear on ) in about 20-22” nice and easy I’m getting very used to the gears and this will be the setup I will be using at the competition.

-Yoke walk 200 kg 3x 15+15 mt

Went not so good I was very slow and not stable as I wanted to. Need to work on that probabily is only a matter of getting used again at yoke walking again.

-Standing farmers shrug 70 kg per hand 3×15

Had to stop right here cause I had no time to train as I had to go to work

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training:

Good training today

-Log C&P clean each
    66 kg x 5 with “normal” cleaning technique

66 kg x 5 with ” one motion ” cleaning technique

-Standing BB strict press
    54 kg 4×8

Nice and easy it has become a comfortable weight for this volume

– Lad pulldown with blue bands
    3×12

– Incline rear delt raises
    10 kg x hand 2×15

-Front delt raises
    12 kg per hand 2×15

– Triceps pressdown
    20 kg 2×15

– Incline DB curls
    12 kg per hand 2×15

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Wednesday training:

Good training today!

-Front squat
    100 kg 5×3

Hit volume PR and felt pretty comfortable. Super happy with it !

-BB step ups
    60 kg 3×10

-Famers walk 3x 15 + 15 mt
    64 kg each hand

Nice and easy focused on speed and moving fast

-AB rollouts
    + 20 kg weighted vest 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training:

Good training today !

-Axle C&P
    72 kg 3×5 in about 20-22” with one motion clean

Went very very good clean was good and fast as well as pressing. Felt confident and solid.

-Sling shot bench
    78 kg x 4
    90 kg x 4
    105 kg x 10

Went good as well felt very solid and confident while pressing. Is maybe bench improving? I really hope so lol

-Dips
    + 16 kg 3×11

Nice and controlled with slow eccentric focused on slow and deep eccentric phase and feeling the work into my pecs and triceps. Very nice exercise it is giving me a lot of strength and muscle mass !

3×20

-Dicks press
    44kg 5×5

Solid PR. Never been so strong on the dicks press. Triceps are improving a lot

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training:

Good training today !

I really liked the only 2 exercises because I waste A LOT of time gearing up for the deadlifts and picking outside the yoke and the weights and putting them inside after the exercise.

-Full gear deadlifts
    100 kg x 5
    140 kg x 5
    180 kg x 11 in 30”

Went super well and fast. Nice and solid PR

-Yoke walk
    220 kg 3x 15+15 mt

Went better than last week and I was more solid with the core and much more fast with the feet. I need to keep working on that because I didn’t train a lot the yoke througt the year and I need to rebuild up confident and strength, as well as speed

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training:

Good training today !

-Log C&P clean each with “normal” clean technique
    73,5 kg x 5 in 28”
    78,5 kg x 5 in 35”

Went very very good. I wanted to try the last set with more kgs than the competition weight just because it felt good enough and it went super well !

-Log strict press
    62,5 kg 4×6

-Weighted pullups
    +10 kg 3×10

-Incline rear delt raises
    12 kg per hand 2×20

-Standing front delt raises
    12 kg per hand 2×20

-Dicks press 45 kg 3×5

-Triceps pressdown 20 kg 2×20 in super set with Incline DB curls 12 kg per hand 2×20

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Since Facebook keeps me blocked from posting video in the SS private coaching group I put all the videos together, from the previous week on training, on Youtube.

Here is the link if anyone wants to watch it and give it a comment/suggest it will be much appreciated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rpBU3mJYGU

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Tuesday training:
    BW ( on Wednesday morning ) : 79 kg

Good training today, trained on the Tuesday evening

-Front squat
    110 kg 4×2

Volume PR never did all this volume with this weight. Went good but the rack position was hard to keep. Need to keep working on that.

-Famers walk
    80 kg per hand 2×15+15 mt

Didn’t take the time but it went pretty good.

-BB Step ups
    60 kg 3×12

Super leg and quad pump

-AB Rollouts
    +20 kg weighted vest 3×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Oh I forgot to tell that new toys are arriving as well.

-Kettlebell Cast iron ( strengthshop.de )
    2 x 16 kg
    2 x 24 kg
    2 x 32 kg

Will be FOR SURE a lot of fun cleaning, snatching, pressing and swinging those

-WRIST ROLLER WITH LOADING PIN

To get some extra grip training in

Here is the link of the kettlebell set Kettletbell Classic Package Set

And here is the link of the wrist roller Wrist roller with loading pin

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training:

Good training today and yes I’m excited too and getting everyday more focused and hungrier to do my absolute best at the show.

-Axle C&P (clean each)
    76 kg 3×5 in about 25-26” with one motion clean

Went pretty good and I wasn’t going to max speed because I was 4 kg above competition weight and I wanted to control the weight better. Went pretty good.

-Sling shot bench
    85 kg x 2
    97.5 kg x 2
    110 kg x 6

Went pretty good as well. The last time I did 110 kg x 6 I was my strongest on the press and replicating them in a fatigued ( after the axle ) condition makes me feel super happy ! Went for the 7th rep and was confident enough to get it but I went to failure. Still super happy with the result !

– Dips
    + 16 kg 3×12

Nice and controlled focused on not rushing the eccentric phase and feel all the muscles work and get the blood in. Super exercise that is making me great results in muscle mass and strength.

– Band pull aparts with red band
    3×20

– Dicks press
    45 kg 3×5

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Going to update the training log with previous workouts.

Friday workout 27/10

Good training as well. getting more and more confident with the yoke but still not my best event of course.

-Gear deadlift
    100 kg x 5
    140 kg x 5
    160 kg x 3
    180 kg x 15 in 45”

Went super great !

– Yoke walk 240 kg 3×15+15

Didnt’ count the time but my core was solid and feet were pretty fast. Happy with the improvements but still not my best event.

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Saturday 28/10 + Sunday 29/10

Travelled to Bagnoli di Sopra ( near Padova ) to meet and train with my teammates. Travelled for 700+ kilometers with the train so it was a hell of a travel.

Worked up a lil bit with the axle, farmers, solid rolling thunder handle, monolitic block ( for pinching grip ) bending iron bars and stuff like that.

It was really funny and I had great time with the guys.

Also we find a new sponsor for the team which is a company near my city that produces and makes gym equipment ( power racks, barbells, gym mats ect ect ) and strongman/powerlifting equipment.

Super excited to be working for a such a great company.

Here is the link if anyone in italy could be interested in the products can shoot me a private message: FerlavFIT

Going to rest until Tuesday-Wednesday to get some sleep and fully recover to not stress that much my body and get injured so I’d rather take a day off than weeks off recovering from a ( possibile ) injury from stress accumulation.

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training ( done on Tuesday )

Good training today

-Overhead medley (clean each ) 72 kg x 5 axle + 73 kg x 5 log in 62″

Went good axle was flying and solid but on the log I lost a bit of form due to rushing it but it went overall good

-Log strict press
    68,4 kg 4×4

Volume PR

-Weighted pullups
    +10 kg 3×8

-Incline DB rear delt raises
    14 kg per hand 3×8

-Standing DB front delt raises
    14 kg per hand 3×8

-Triceps press down
    30 kg 3×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Tuesday training ( done on wednesday )

Good training today

-Front squat
    115 kg 3×1

Was a bit hard but I managed to do it. Never did it before

-Farmers walk
    80 kg per hand 2 x 15 + 15 mt

First set felt harder than the second don’t know why because the second set I was flying.

-BB step ups
    64 kg 3×8

-Ab rollouts
    +20 kg weighted vest

Also did:

-Double KT swing 24 kg per hand 3×10 + Double KT front squat 3×5
    -Single KT snatch 16 kg 3×10 each arm

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training

Not the best physical conditions today due to fatigue accumulation of course but still managed to do a good training today

-Axle push press out of the rack worked up to 78,5 kg x 3

Went good but I know it could go even better when I’m not fatigued. Normal stress accumulation due to training for the finals.

-Dips BW
    2 x 30

3 x 20

-Triceps pressdown
    30 kg 3 x 12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Well, a lot of time has passed since I didn’t update the log…. many things have happened starting from the day that I had a very bad car accident while I was riding my beautiful bike.. Honda CB 500F on 4th November 2017.

I just exit from work and I was going home when suddenly, a man in a car, hit me very hard in the right side of the bike and I was literally flying for 18 meters… Fortunately I didn’t hit any other car, and the bike did not hit me ( if it just touch me I could’t think of the damages it would gave me….. ). I remember everything of that moment and now.. nearly 3 weeks later I still can feel everything of that moment. I was taken to the hospital 30 minutes later… my ankles were hurting a LOT and I thought I broke again my right ankle ( I broke it on 2013 ) and so my right shoulder and neck were hurting… I literally felt like shit phisically and mentally. The only thought I’ve training so hard for the incoming finals ( just 2 weeks later ) for years and the thought of abandoning that competition just because of this accident were literally every second in my mind.

Results come fairly fast from the doctors and it showed that I had no damage to my ankles ( fortunately, but it hurt a lot and I could barely walk..) but I had some damage to my left rib and my right lunge. Still lucky enough for the bad dynamics of the accident. I didn’t have the phone when I was taken to the hospital so I could’t call my girlfriend which was super worried that I dind’t messaged her since 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM but my parents took me everything in my bag and I could finally tell her that I had a car accident on my bike but I was ok… more or less… She cried a lot and she was so worried that I felt even worse…. but fortunately she was so glad to hear me talking to the phone and I was suddenly more calm as well. Still demoralized but she told me that I am one of the strongest persons she knows and that I will be fine in a few days and that I would partecipate to the finals just 2 weeks later. That words touched the hell out of my heart. A tear run away from my eye. I had to do whatever I CAN to come back. I can DO it. I Suddenly was not so demoralized and I promised to myself to do everything I could to comeback and goddamn to give all my heart to that damn competition. I am so grateful for her to remind me the REAL strenght of a man.

The next week I kept training not so heavy and not standing because I could barely walk.. but it was getting better and better everyday and so my hope and desire to gave everything I’ve got.
    Than the day of the competition comes ( 18/11/2017) I was not 100% phisically and the ankles still hurted a bit.. I thought I wasn’t going to complete any of the walking events ( yoke , frame carry ) but… to my surprise I won both moving events and…. the entire competition…. I could not believe of what I achieved …. I have worked so hard for that moment… then that accident… then the fight where I gave all of my heart…. I AM THE STRONGEST MAN IN ITALY U80 KG …. It seemed impossibile but, apparentely, impossibile it is a word for just justifying people’s excuses…

Thanks to my coach Kalle Beck for being and insipiration and a man who I respect a lot and for bringing me to my best shape even if I was not to 100% due to the accident…

Sarah Scott
    Participant

That is an amazing story, Luigi! Congratulations on your awesome achievements!!

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

That is an amazing story, Luigi! Congratulations on your awesome achievements!!

Thanks Sarah, really appreciate it ! Yes it seems like an unbelievable story… but it is just what happened in 2 weeks lol

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

21/11 Training:

Light and easy training

-seated DB OH press 24 kg 3×8

-standing DB lateral raises 12 kg per hand 3×8

-close grip push ups 2×20

-rope triceps press down 20 kg 3×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

23/11 Training:

Nice and easy training

-front squat 60 kg 4×8

-walking lunges 40 kg 3×10

-stiff leg deadlift 90 kg 4×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

24/11 Training:

Great training today ! It’s amazing how I’m charged after winning the italian championship finals u80 kg and hungrier to get better than before !

– Axle push press out of the rack
    67 kg x 3
    77 kg x 3
    82 kg x 3 PR RPE ( 8,5 )

-Z Press
    50 kg 5×5

Felt good and the weight was right. Feeling stronger and stronger and hungrier to get better !

-Weighted pullups
    +16 kg 3×8

Weight was a bit heavy for all this reps but I managed to do it

-3 way shoulder raises
    12 kg per hand 3×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

27/11 Monday training:

Good training today

I tried a new pressing technique on the log that could bring my performances to a new level but I need to master it first: Push Jerk

-Log C&P ( push jerk technique )
    51 kg x 6
    61 kg x 6
    71 kg x 7-8

Felt very awkward ( of course ) on the jerk but I could’ve done more reps.. just went out of breath lol

-Log strict press
    51 kg 2×12 RPE 7

-Standing lateral raises
    14 kg per hand 3×8

-Rear delt flyes
    14 kg per hand 3×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

28/11 Tuesday training

Great training today !

– RDL with slow eccentric
    120 kg + 1 set of chains ( about 5 kg at the top each chain ) 3×8

Felt great work in all my back, glutes and hamstrings great exercise for hypertrophy

-Pullups
    +13 kg 3×8

– 1 Arm DB row
    46 kg 3×8

Super pumped at this point in all my back !

-Sandbag load 80 kg 3×6

Inverted sets and reps to save some time, fortunatelly the weight was easy but my back was fried at this point

-AB rollout
    +20 kg 3×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Super excited to announce that next week I’ll be interviewed by Rossi Giuggio at his podcast called ” Dog Life Radio ” for my victory at the italian championship finals 2017 !

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training 30/11

Great training today feeling stronger and stronger every day

-Incline bench work to 8RM
    50 kg x 8
    60 kg x 8
    65 kg x 8
    70 kg x 8
    80 kg x 7 RPE 10 ( PR)

Super happy with the new strength on incline bench. I’ve never did 80 kg before ( not even one rep ). Was very close to 8 but I went to failure.

-flat DB bench
    34 kg per hand 3×8

Super pump in the chest at this point

-chest supported DB row
    34 kg per hand 3×8

-Sling shot push up 2×50

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training 1/12

Good training today !

-Front squat no belt
    72 kg 8×3

Nice easy and fast, a great speed work.

-BB Split squats

50 kg 2×12

Felt good work on the quads didn’t use a lot of weight to get used to the movement

-Sandbag carry
    80 kg 2×20 mt

-Sandbag 80 kg over yoke ( near 170 cm )
    5×2

Need to create a 17” stone. I already have the mold I just need to find some time to make the atlas

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training:

Good training today

Don’t know if I will continue to use the push jerk technique as I find very hard to balance my body under the log so quick. I’ll probabily turn back to the push press I will think about it

-Log push jerk
    56 kg x 4
    66 kg x 4
    76 kg x 4

I can do more in the push press style so it is a matter of the new technique. I have few experience of course but I think I’ll switch back to the push press because I find very hard to stabilize my body under the log

-Log strict press 56 kg 3×8

-Seated lateral raises
    10 kg per hand 3×10

-Rear delt flyes
    14 kg per hand 3×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Tuesday training:

Good training today

-RDL
    120 kg 3 x 10 with slow eccentric

1 arm DB row
    44 kg 3×12

-Sandbag load 80 kg 3×8

-AB rollouts with weighted vest
    +20 kg 3×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training 7/12:

Good training today

-Incline BB bench
    55 kg x 6
    65 kg x 6
    75 kg x 6 ( felt like a 10RM )
    85 x 0 ( got too greedy and failed to get the rep twice )
    83 kg x 3 ( to failure )

Super happy to be using weights that before I couldn’t use for even 1 rep ( I couldn’t do more than 4 rep with 70 kg ). Just need some time practincing and keep working. Felt nice work in the pecs, shoulders and triceps.

-Flat DB Bench 3×10
    34 kg per hand x 10 – 10 – 9 ( to failure )

Super pump in the chest at this point

-Chest supported row
    34 kg per hand 3×10

Felt great work in the upper back

-Push ups bw ( no sling shot )
    2×30

Went without sling shot to save some time

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Saturday training 9/12:

Good training today !

-Front squat
    76 kg 6×4

Nice and easy

-BB Split squat
    50 kg 2×15

Tried to focus on form and working on the quads

-Sandbag carry 80 kg 4×20 mt

-Sandbag extension 100 kg 3×3

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training 11/12
    Good training today. Going back tk the push press makes me feel stronger and better

-Log push press
    51 kg x 3
    56 kg x 3
    61 kg x 3
    71 kg x 3
    81 kg x 3 ( 85% 1RM)
    85 kg x 3 (87,5%1RM )

Super happy with my pressing power in my arms and shoulder. I’m way more stronger but I need to improve my technique as I’m not feeling efficient and confident on the techbique part as I was this summer ( absolutely my best shape in the log press )

-Log strict press
    56 kg 3×10

Last set was very hard due to incorrect breathing

-Seated lateral raises
    10 kg per hand 3×12

-Rear delts flies
    14 kg per hand 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Tuesday training 12/12:

Good training today

-3-0-1 tempo RDL with a lil bit of pause at the bottom

120 kg 3×12

Nice and easy great work in my lower back and core

-1 Arm DB row
    44 kg 3×15

Great work in all my back !

-Sandbag load

100 kg ( the big one) 4×4

Felt a bit heavy and slow on the extension. but I’m happy to be able to lift it at ( neasr ) the end of the workout with my back all pumped

-AB Rollouts with weighted vest
    +20 kg 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training 14/12:

Good training today !

-Incline BB Bench
    42,5 kg x 8
    51 kg x 8
    59,5 kg x 16 ( not to complete failure I could have done at least 3-4 reps but didn’t want to push super hard )

Great pump especially in my triceps didn’t want to push super hard on the last set and set the bar down with some reps in the tank

-Flat DB Bench
    38 kg per hand x 8 – 7 – 8 – 6

Maybe it was a bit heavier than expected but it is a weight that I never used before and for all this volume… super happy with that.

-Chest supported row
    38 kg per hand 4×8

-Cross body hammer curl
    18 kg 3×8

Great pump in my biceps

-Push ups ( without sling shot )
    2×30

Controlled a bit the eccentric phase and went without the sling shot to save some time because I had to go to work

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training 15/12:

Good training today !

-Front squat no belt only knee sleeves
    80 kg 5×3

Felt nice and easy good form and good speed

-BB Split squats
    50 kg 2×20

It burned my quads and glutes like hell ! Super pump in my legs ( especially quads )

-Sandbag carry 80 kg x 120 mt

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Forgot to tell I also did some abs training:

-Hanging leg raises with controlled eccentric ( focus was on squeezing as hard as I can my abs, taking my feet higher as I can and go down slow and controlled without bouncing at the bottom ) 3×10

-Dragon flag with slow and controlled eccentric 3×5

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Was great to have a talk with Rossi Giuggio of the ” Dog Life Radio ” Podcast and this week was released and you can listen to it at this link:

You can also listen to it on Itunes and Spotify, and I’ll be pleased if you would listen to it and give me a comments/suggests because it was my first podcast ever.

I hope to have a talk again, in the future, with Rossi because he was awesome !

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Was great to have a talk with Rossi Giuggio of the ” Dog Life Radio ” Podcast and this week was released and you can listen to it at this link:

Dog Life Radio Podcast: DLR 22 Luigi Dioguardi: Italian Strongman

You can also listen to it on Itunes and Spotify, and I’ll be pleased if you would listen to it and give me a comments/suggests because it was my first podcast ever.

I hope to have a talk again, in the future, with Rossi because he was awesome !

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training 18/12:

Good training today !

Focused on getting a better clean which leads to a stable and better rack position and a better press. I need to rebuild the same technique I had this summer ( I was the strongest I’ve ever been in the log press and my technique was great )

– Log Push press
    51 kg x 5
    61 kg x 3
    67 kg x 2
    76 kg 5×2

As I said I focused on getting a better clean racking the log high and stable and pushing it NOT in front of me. Need to rebuild the same technique I had this summer so that I could use my new power in my arms and shoulders to crush kgs.

-Log strict press
    56 kg 3×11

Not heavy but all those reps makes my breathing rhytm very difficult but it is good to improve my breathing during log ( which is very awful )

-Seated lateral raises
    10 kg per hand 3×15

Super pump into my delts

-Rear delt DB flys
    14 kg per hand 3×15

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Tuesday training 19/12:

Good training today as well

-Raw deadlift ( no belt )
    170 kg 5×2

Was very weird getting to deadlift again after a long time was not 100% confident with the technique but it is only a matter of time and practice. Weight was not so heavy and not so easy

-3-0-1 tempo RDL
    125 kg 3×8

Nice work in all back, erectors, glutes and hamstrings

-1 Arm DB Row
    44 kg 3×15

-Sandbag load
    80 kg 1×10 + 1×5

I need to find some time to make a 17” atlas stone

-Ab rollouts
    +20 kg 3×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training:

Here is the youtube video: VIDEO

Good training today

-incline BB bench
    47 kg x 6
    55 kg x 6
    65 kg x 15

Good work in the chest and arms

-Flat DB bench
    36 kg per hand x 10 – 9 -7

Chest was so pumped that I went NOT to failure on the first set but I could not hit other sets of 10

-chest supported row
    36 kg per hand 3×10

-cross body hammer curl
    20 kg 3×8

-dips +21 kg 3×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training:

Here is the youtube video: VIDEO

Good training today

-Front squats no belt no knee sleeves
    85 kg 4×4

Nice, deep and easy. When I put my gear on ( belt and sleeves it will fly up even easier

-SBB split squats
    60 kg 2×10

Very nice exercise for the legs but on the second set I felt a small contracture on the center of my mid back. I am very familiar with it because some times my back suffers from contracture so it’s kind of something I’m used to… Will get it healed as always: Massages, cream and warmth.

-No yoke walk
    Weight was not absolutely a problem but I had to save some time because I had to go to work

-Sandbag loads to 130-140 cm
    105 (?) kg sandbag ( the big one ) 3×2 + 1×4

Felt awesome I was very strong on the pickup and the extension but I need to make a 17” atlas stone ( as soon as I find the time maybe in this holydays ) to train with !

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday 25/12 training:

Video here:

Good training today

-Log push press
    51 kg x 5
    61 kg x 3
    67 kg x 2
    76 kg x 2
    81 kg 3×3

Went good I just felt on the second set of 3×3 my head spinning due to incorrect breathing

-seated swiss bar strict press
    56 kg 3×12

Went seated on this because on the log standing strict press for a lot of reps my back suffer a lot so I just went seated and put great work in

-seated lateral raises
    10 kg per hand 2×20

-rear delt flies
    14 kg per hand 2×20

-BB curls
    40 kg 3×8

-triceps pressdown
    30 kg 3×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Tuesday training 26/12:

Video here: https://youtu.be/d4gprFRdS90

Good training today !

-Raw deadlift ( no belt, no straps )
    180 kg 3×3

Nice and easy, core was solid, speed was good as general thightness. Very happy with the form improving )

-Tempo RDL
    125 kg 3×10

Good work in all the back, glutes and hamstrings

-1 arm DB Row
    44 kg 2×20

Great work in all the back !

-Sandbag extensions
    80 kg 2×8

-AB Rollouts
    +20 kg 3×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training 28/12

Video here:
    https://youtu.be/woZXof7qGOw

Good training today ! trained at 6 AM in a fasting state because I had to go to work this morning and after work I have to shoot some video to make a music video and I have to perform some deadlifts and log presses

-Incline bench
    50 kg x 4
    60 kg x 4
    70 kg x 11

Super happy with the pressing strength increasing and I feel like the incline bench is a great exercise

-Flat DB bench
    34 kg per hand 3×12

Great pump in my chest and triceps

-Chest supported DB row
    34 kg per hand 3×12

-Cross body hammer curl
    20 kg 3×10

This is another great pumping exercise and I feel a lot of work into my biceps and it burns a lot in the last reps. Very good exercise

-Dips
    +21 kg 3×10

Another great pressing exercise !

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training 29/12:

Good training today ( going to update TP a bit late but I did this workout on last friday )

Video of training here: https://youtu.be/Klk5NpXRTr8

-Front squat no belt only knee sleeves
    90 kg 3×3

Solid lifts very happy with that

-Yoke runs ( no video ) no belt
    180 kg 2×15 mt

-Sandbag loads ( could not go outside with the sandbag because it was raining and I only did the loads inside whre I train ) 105 kg 5×1

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Tuesday training ( was supposed to do it on monday ) 02/01:

Good training today was not 100% due to less sleep on 31/12 + 1/01 and less food as well but I managed to do a satisfating training.

Video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVI6nKJ96VY

-Log lift ( new 12″ log ) with belt and elbow sleeves
    (long warm up )
    47 kg x 2 x 5
    52 kg x 5
    62 kg x 3
    67 kg x 2
    77 kg x 2
    81 kg x 2
    86 kg x 2 ( failed the third rep )

Went pretty good but I need to improve technique especially with the new 12” log but I’m happy with the strength increases.

-Log lift strict press
    60 kg 3×8

Was hard to do it not because of the weight but because of high reps and breathing but I managed to do it

-Seated shoulder raises
    12 kg per hand 3×8

-Rear delts flies
    16 kg per hand 3×8

-BB curl
    40 kg 3×10

-Triceps pressdown
    30 kg 3×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Wednesday training ( was supposed to do it on tuesday ):

Good training today

Video here: https://youtu.be/oaV92gr6ta8

-Deadlift no belt no straps
    190 kg 2×2

Felt good especially without the belt super happy with it

-Tempo RDL
    125 kg 3×11

This pumped all my back and my hamstrings and glutes

-1 arm DB Row
    50 kg 3×12

-Sandbag extensions
    80 kg 3×8

-AB Rollouts
    +20 kg 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training ( was supposed to do on thursday )

Good training ( going to update TP a bit late )

Video here: https://youtu.be/KfPOXWIP7lY

-Incline BB bench ( increased taining max by 3 kg )
    44 kg x 8
    53 kg x 8
    61,5 kg x 20

-Flat DB bench
    34 kg per hand 4×10

-Chest suported row
    34 kg per hand 4×10

-Cross body hammer curl
    20 kg 3×10

-Dips
    +21 kg 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Saturday training:

Good workout ! ( done this on saturday but going to update TP a bit late )

Video here: https://youtu.be/-nvKzod_Y3Y

-Front squat ( no belt )
    100 kg 4×2

Great PR without gear !

-DB step ups
    skipped this as I had very short time to train

-Farmers walk
    100 kg 2×15 mt

Went pretty good just felt heavy probabily because I didn’t train farmers since long time but it went pretty good

-Sandbag loads
    105 kg 5×2

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training 08/01:

Good training today !

Video here : https://youtu.be/ef_1Aq6Dk3s

-Log push press
    52 kg x 5
    62 kg x 3
    67 kg x 2
    76 kg 5×3

Went good I just need to practice with the new log and improve rack position

-Log strict press ( no gear )
    60 kg x 9
    60 kg x 10

Went good but I tent to loose technique on high rep log strict presses

-Seated lateral raises
    12 kg per hand 3×12

-Rear delts flies
    16 kg per hand 3×20

Super pump in my back and shoulders at this point. The combo strict press – lateral raises is a shoulder killer !

-BB curls
    40 kg 3×12

-Triceps pressdown
    30 kg 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Tuesday training

Good trainign today ( going to update TP a bit late )

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_FVHfsxrAs&t=57s

-Deadlift with belt ( no straps )
    100 kg x 3
    140 kg x 1
    180 kg x 1
    200 kg x 2

Nice and solid lifts very happy with that especially because I was a bit sore from monday’s log training

-Tempo RDL
    125 kg 3×12

Super pump in my back and hamstrings and glutes

-1 arm DB row
    50 kg 3×15

-Sandbag extension
    80 kg 3×10

-Hanging leg raises
    3×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training

Good training today ! ( updating TP a bit late )

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToByX4tSjKI

-Incline bench
    48 kg x 6
    57 kg x 6
    66 kg x 17

Great work in my pecs and triceps love this bench variation

-Flat DB bench
    34 kg per hand x 12-12-11

Super pump in my chest and triceps

-Chest supported row
    34 kg per hand 3×12

-Cross body hammer curl
    22 kg 3×10

Super pump and burn in my biceps !

-Dips
    +23 kg 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training:

Not so great training today, didn’t have so much time and I had to rush everything

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCw4dXUP6I

-Front squat with belt and knee sleeves
    80 kg x 5
    90 kg x 3
    100 kg x 2
    110 kg x 4 ( failed on the 5th rep due to awful rack position )

Had much more in my legs but rack position is the liting factor of this movement need to improve technique but overall satisfatied but I know I could do much more than this

-Farmers walk
    100 kg 2×20 mt

First set felt heavy as fuck but second second felt a lot easier went overall good

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training:

Good training today, seems that is getting a lil bit better but I need to keep improving technique

Video here: https://youtu.be/PETevsAtTSw

-Log push press with 3” pause on lockouts
    52 kg x 5
    62 kg x 3
    67 kg x 2
    77 kg x 2
    82,5 kg 5×1

Went good, especially on the last set but I need to keep improving cleaning and racking technique as well as balance and dipping movement overall happy with how it went

-log strict press
    62,5 kg 2×6

Felt great ! Super happy with it

-Seated lateral raises
    12 kg per hand 3×12

Great pump in my delts

-Reverse DB flies
    16 kg per hand 3×20

Super pump in my upper back I couldn’t even raise my arms lol

-BB curl
    40 kg 3×12

Great work in my arms, love it next time I will probabily increase weight

-Triceps pressdown
    30 kg 3×12

Great work here as well, increase weight next week

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Tuesday training:

Good and very quick training today, I had to rush it a lil bit but it went good

Video here ( just the top sets of deadlifts ): https://youtu.be/p6_mf7-V71Q

-Deadlift only belt
    60 kg x 5
    100 kg x 3
    140 kg x 2
    180 kg x 2
    200 kg x 1
    210 kg x 1
    220 kg x 1

Went good and I’m happy to hit it with a solid form and decent speed considering that I was not fresh and a bit fatigued ! Long road to 600 lbs πŸ™‚

-Tempo RDL
    130 kg 3×8

Super work in my glutes, back and hamstrings !
    Doing them with a lil bit of pause at the bottom then explode right up using my glutes, staying thight with my back and core and pushing the le legs trough the floor

-1 arm DB row
    50 kg 2×20

-Sandbag extension
    80kg 3×12

-Hanging leg raises
    3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training:

Good training today

Video here: https://youtu.be/3le_FMK9ks4

-Incline bench
    52 kg x 4
    61,5 kg x 4
    70,5 kg x 12

Good work in my chest, triceps and shoulders

-Dips
    +31 kg 4×8

great work as well in my chest, triceps and shoulders

-Upright row
    40 kg 4×8

Didn’t feel a lot of work in my shoulders I don’t know if I’m doing it wrong

-Incline DB flies
    14 kg per hand 4×8

-Reverse DB flies
    18 kg per hand 4×10

Great work in my upper back

-Inverted row
    +20 kg vest 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training:

Good training today ! I focused as you said on fighting really hard on keeping my upper body upright and I went a lil bit better !

80 kg x 5
    90 kg x 3
    100 kg x 2
    110 kg x 2
    115 kg 2×2 Volume PR

Last 2 sets were hard of course but I’m really really happy with how it went and it’s a volume PR too !

-Farmers walk
    110 kg 2×15 mt

First set had a bit of hesitation while walking and felt heavy ( it always feels heavy the first set ) but the second was great and felt much more easier

-Sandbag loads
    105 kg 5×3

Great work here nice and easier than ever. I can pick the sandbag now with less fatigue and I can easly load it to 150-160 cm for multiple times!

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training:

Great training today weights were feeling lighter and I felt like a train while lifting I couldn’t be stopped ! Amazing feeling

Video here: https://youtu.be/Cqzxv4BXiPA

-Log lift with 3” hold lockouts
    47 kg x 5
    52 kg x 5
    62 kg x 3
    67 kg x 2
    77 kg x 2
    81,5 kg x 1
    86,5 kg 2×2

As I said before I felt weights lighter and I was really excited by this feeling ! Super happy with the performance on the 81 and 86 kg sets ! Hope to hit big numbers in the future on my weakest event

-Log lift strict press
    66,5 kg 3×5

Great sets here too, suepr happy with that too

-Rear delts raises
    18 kg per hand 3×12

Super pump in my upepr back

-Triceps pressdown + blue bands pressdown
    30 kg 3×8 + 8

Don’t know if I’ve understood right how to do a 3 way triceps pressdown but I’ve do much more like a superset between the cable and the band

-Pullups
    +11 kg

Started doing weighted pullups and felt a lil bit of pain on my right lat so I stopped as soon I felt a bit of pain and just skipped the exercise and get some massage and warmth

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Tuesday training:

Not the best day mentally and phisically but still got a decent training trough everything !

Video here: https://youtu.be/T5DnBBpDtnY

-Deadlifts
    100 kg x 3
    140 kg x 2
    180 kg x 2 ( Felt too much pressure on my stomach .. food was coming up )
    200 kg x 1
    210 kg x 1
    230 kg x 1

Weights were much heavier than last week but I still managed to do it. Had to grind the last set and it took a lot of out of me but super happy to got it even in a not fresh condition !

-Tempo RDL
    130 kg 3×10

Great work in all my posterior chain

-One arm DB row
    55 kg 3×8

Focused on full stretch and squeezing the lats at the top, really nice exercise

-Sandbag extensions
    100 kg 1×6+1×9

Did all reps in 2 sets to save some time, was really drained after heavy deadlifts and heavy row but still happy to hit it in a fatigued condition

-Hanging leg raises
    3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Good training today

Video here: https://youtu.be/4Yh7g4Nk0xs

-Incline bench
    57 kg x 2
    66 kg x 2
    75 kg x 9 RPE 9

Great set and great exercise I feel like the incline bench is a great exercise that it is helping me improving my pressing and I can notice the gains !

-Dips
    +31 kg 2×12

Another great exercise that it is helping me a lot building a bigger press

-Upright row
    40 kg 2×12

-Incline chest flies
    14 kg per hand 2×12

-Reverse DB flies
    18 kg per hand 2×15

-Inverted row
    +20 kg 4×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Saturday training:

Good training today !

Video here: https://youtu.be/EZ8uL-X6tzk

40 kg x 5
    60 kg x 5
    80 kg x 5
    90 kg x 3
    100 kg x 2
    110 kg x 2
    120 kg x 1

Went good as always I am fighting really hard to keep my body upright but I know I my legs can do more. Really happy to hit finally 120 kg that I never did before !

-Farmers walk
    120 kg per hand 2×15 mt

Another great volume PR here as always second set was better and faster than first set don’t know why !

-Sandbag loads
    105 kg 3×5

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training:

Good training today:

Video here: https://youtu.be/Do7TMdeDPxE

-Log push press
    47 kg x 5
    52 kg x 5
    62 x 3
    67 x 2
    77 x 2
    81,5 x 1
    90 kg x 2 ( Failed the third rep )

Went with a bit too rush and made some mistakes but it was the easiest 90 kg I’ve ever lifted over head. Super confident to hit good numbers with time and improving technique. What were the major mistakes here?

-Log lift strict press
    70kg 5×3 Volume PR

Solid presses with a volume PR at this weight super super happy !!

-Incline rear delt flies
    18 kg per hand 3×15

-3 way triceps pressdown
    30 kg 3×10 + blueband 3×10

-Weighted pullups
    +11 kg 3×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Tuesday training:

Was going on a good training but unfortunately I injured ( not so badly but it needs some rest ) my lower back while deadlifting

Video here: https://youtu.be/33PSqkZQ-nM

-Deadlift
    60 kg x 5
    100 kg x 4
    140 kg x 2
    180 kg 4×3

Was going good but on the forth set I felt a small back on my lower back and I stopped immediately to let it heal. It is a similar pain ( as location but less intense ) at the same low back injury I’ve had in August. Will let heal and come back !

-Chest supported row
    18 kg per hand 3×12

-Hanging leg raises
    3×12

-SSB elevated calf raises
    40 kg 3×20

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training:

Good training today !

VIDEO HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTbrhysQY40&feature=youtu.be

– Incline bench
    61,5 kg 5×5

Super easy paused incline bench, supepr happy with the strength gains in the press. The incline bench is helping a lot !

-Dips
    +31 kg 2×12

-Upright rows
    40 kg 2×12

-Incline DB flies
    18 kg per hand 2×15

-Inverted row
    BW 4×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training:

Back feeling great no pain at all !
    Light and easy training:

SSB squat to box
    80 kg 3×8

Nice and easy just to keep my legs moving

-Sissy squat + 5 kg
    3×12

Super pump into my quads

-Pinch grip monolitic block lift
    +25 kg 4×5 + 1×30″ each hand

Decided to work a bit my grip and I really love it. Strongman needs strong hands

-Hanging leg raises in superset with SSB elevated calf raises
    3×12 + 40 kg 3×20

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training:

Very good training today ! Back don’t hurt anymore !

Video here: https://youtu.be/1XdH8N8XTw0

-Log strict press
    75 kg 2×2
    60 kg x 10 ( RPE 8 )

Very good training 80 kg log strict press are just around the corner super happy with the gains ! 60 kg went good as well just went out of breath but got at least other 2 reps in me

– BB flat bench press
    80 kg 3×8

-Incline rear delt raises
    14 kg per hand 3×15

3 way triceps pressdown
    30 kg 3×10 + blue band 3×10

-Pullups
    BW 3×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Tuesday training:

Nice and easy training today, no back pain so I think we can start with some elevated ( maybe ? ) deadlift next week !

-1 Leg BB RDL
    40 kg 3×8

I really really hate this exercise, Very hard to find balance and I feel low work into my muscles…

-1 Leg glute bride + 16 kg KB
    3×8

Nice work in my glutes and hamstrings paused at the top for 1″

-Slow and controlled stiff leg deadlift
    32 + 32 KB 3×8

Did this with KBs nice work I really like stiff leg deadlift

-Chest supported row
    34 kg per hand 3×8

Paused at the top for 1″ really like this row variation !

-Hanging leg raises in superset with elevated calf raises
    3×8 + 40 kg 3×20

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training:

Good training today, finally back hurts no more !

Video here: https://youtu.be/cb-4-uSnnxU

-SSB squat
    80 kg 3×10

Weight was light but great feeling of work on my quads really nice exercise

-SSB step ups
    50 kg 3×12

Great work in all my leg as well

-Sissy squat
    +5kg 2×12

Super pump into my quads

26,5 kg 3×5+ 1×20″ hold

Great grip work really like it

-1 finger deadlift
    60 kg x all 5 fingers
    80 kg x all 5 fingers
    100 kg x first 2 fingers
    100kg x middle fingers 20″ hold

-50 kg iron bar bend double overhand style

I really really like bending bars but I find very hard to apply a good technique as anyone can teach me.. So i’m not really good at bending but pretty good at grip various objects

-Hanging leg raises
    3×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training:

Super training today ! Crushed new PR

Video here: https://youtu.be/cFspopiB1lo

-Log strict press up to 80 kg x 1

Super super happy to be hitting finally a new strict press PR that I’ve been chasing for so long and worked so hard !

-Log lift push press with cleans
    80 kg x 5 ( 6th went out of breath )

Super super happy with this as well I’ve never been able to be so strong with 80 kg and it makes me hope well for the log for reps, in fact we will be using 80 kg this year. Of course need more conditioning but I’m super happy to see that I manage it so well. Strenght going up like crazy

-Incline rear delt DB raises
    14 kg per hand 2×20

-Lat pullups
    +10 kg 3×8

3 way triceps pressdown
    30 kg 3×10 + blue band 3×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Thursday training:

Going to update TP a bit late

Good training today!

-Incline BB Bench with a pause at the bottom
    70 kg 5×5

Great volume PR especially with a pause at the bottom. Getting stronger and stronger !!

-Dips
    +41 kg 3×6

Another great PR

-Upright row
    50 kg 3×10

-Flat DB Bench
    36 kg per hand 3×8

-Inverted row
    +21 kg 3×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Friday training:

Great training today

Video here: https://youtu.be/CADFROr61io

-SSB squat no belt no knee sleeves
    80 kg x 8
    90 kg x 8
    100 kg x 8
    110 kg x 8
    120 kg x 2
    130 kg x 2

Went a bit off program because I wanted to feel a bit more weight and it went great !

-BB Step ups
    50 kg 3×12

-Sissy squat
    +5kg 2×15

-Monolitic block pinch grip
    27,5 kg 3×3

-Hanging leg raises
    3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Monday training:

Great training today

Video here: https://youtu.be/gq7v3cOdTPg

-Log push press
    70 kg 5×5

Nice and easy weight was not heavy but I focused on optimazing clean, dip, rack position and driving my head trough. Went great and I hope to collect further gains from all this technical work.

-Log strict press
    60 kg 2xAMRAP (8+6)

Went good but I was a bit tired from the push press.

-BB flat bench press
    82,5 3×6

Just a bit of benching which I’m really terrible at… Will try to do 3×8 next week. Nothing heavy but keep a good volume up

-Rear delt DB swings
    18 kg per hand 2×20

Great upper back pump

-3 way triceps pressdown
    30kg 3×12 + blue band 3×12

Super pump into my triceps they were exploding!!

P.s. great video tutorials I really hope to see other coming soon because I found them really really helpful

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Great training today

Video here: https://youtu.be/Hj3O8K3VJ-0

-Log push press
    75 kg 5×3

Great practice feeling confident and was fairly easy. Focused on opening my chest driving my knees out rather than forward and pushing my head trough.

-Log strict press
    65 kg x 6
    65 kg x 5

Great PR here I’ve never been so strong in the strict press !

-BB flat bench press
    82,5 kg 3×8

-3 way triceps pressdown
    30 kg 3×12 + blue band 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Tuesday training:

Nice and easy training today. No pain !

-1 Leg RDL
    16 kg KB 3×12

-1 Leg glute bridge
    +16 kg KB 3×12

-3” elevated deadlift
    100 kg 6×3

Nice and easy of course focused on activating glutes, engaging core and get thight overall

-Chest supported row
    34 kg per hand 3×12

-Hanging leg raises
    3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Good training today

-Incline bench
    80 kg 3×3

Not so easy but neither so hard, anyways super happy to be working with this weights that I’ve never used before..

-Dips
    +41 kg 3×10

Really hard but it’s a volume PR at this weight

-Flat DB Bench
    40 kg per hand 2×8

PR Here as well I’ve never used such as heavy dumbells like this

– Upright rows
    52,5 kg 3×10

Great work in all my upper body I feel so sored today lol

-Inverted row
    +20 kg weighted vest 3×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Good workout today !

-SSB bar squat
    100 kg 3×12

-BB Step ups
    60 kg 3×8

-Sissy squat
    +5 kg 2×15

30 kg 2×4

-AB rollouts
    +20 kg weighted vest 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Not so great training today.. felt everything heavy I hate when one week weights fly and the week after it is so heavy…

Video here: https://youtu.be/BFHCvy3zTZs

-Log push press
    82,5 3×3

Was supposed to do 80 but I put 82,5 because the weights were occupied and that was the only available. Felt super heavy and really really hard…. I hate that

-BB flat bench
    85 kg 3×6

Not so heavy here but I wan’t unable to setup properly don’t know why and it was much difficult than normal

-Reverse ring flies
    bw 3×8

-3 way triceps pressdown
    30 kg 3×12 + blue band 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Back is healed and doesn’t hurt no more !
    -1 Leg RDL
    16 kg KB 3×12

-1 Leg glute bridge
    +16 kg KB 3×12

-3” elevated deadlift
    110 kg 5×3

-Chest supported row
    36 kg per hand 3×8

-Hanging leg raises
    3×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Good training today

-Incline bench no elbow sleeves no wrist wraps
    50 kg x 5
    60 kg x 3
    70 kg x 2
    80 kg x 6

Was alone so I put just a lil bit more and did all the reps starting from the pins so it was much harder but was happy the same with the performance

-Dips
    +21 kg 3×12

-Upright rows
    55 kg 3×12

-Incline Db flies
    12 kg per hand 3×12

-Inverted row
    +20 kg vest 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

-SSB squat
    110 kg 5×6

Solid reps but need to get my core stronger

-BB step ups
    55 kg 3×10

-Sissy squat
    +5 kg 2×20

-AB rollouts
    +20 kg 3×12

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Awful log… I know I can do much better but I did just a bad log training

-Log push press
    60 kg x 5
    70 kg x 3
    86,5 kg x 2

As you said on video it was a bad set but I have no excuse because I know I can do much better and I have to improve a lot on the overhead press… especially the log that hates me lol

-Flat bench
    85 kg 4×8

-Reverse ring flies
    bw 3×10

-Rolling triceps extension
    12 kg per hand 3×8

-1 arm lat pulldown
    Green band 3×8

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Good training today back does not hurt anymore.. can’t wait to put more weights and go back to my previous shape ( which was a GREAT shape )

-1 Leg RDL
    16 kg KB 3×12

-3” elevated deadlift
    130 kg 5×2

Nice and easy

-Chest supported row
    34 kg per hand 3×10

-Hanging leg raises
    bw 3×10

Luigi Dioguardi
    Participant

Good training today

Video here: https://youtu.be/ajva_Qu7dAg

-Incline pin press
    50 kg x 5
    60 kg x 5
    70 kg x 3
    80 kg x 3
    85 kg x 3 (RPE9,5-10)

Went great obviously pressing it from the pins makes it a lot harder but I felt a great work and I’m super happy because months ago I couldn’t press the same weight for even one rep. I am becoming, step by step, stronger in the press which is my main weakness. Need to apply this new strength to a better log push press technique to avoid waste of energy and so on.

-Dips
    +31 kg 3×12

Another great exercise here

-DB standing lateral raises supersetted with incline DB flies
    12 kg 3×12

Did this instead of upright rows

Incline reverse DB flies
    8kg per hand 3×15

Was a bit light

-Inverted row
    +20 kg weighted vest 3×12

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.