Earned Not Given Barbell &
Contest Director: Ken Johnson, Tim Wunder, Tony Summer
Contact: Kenny- (563)-543-6763 or EarnedNotGiven@icloud.com
Tony- (563)-556-9496 or Mary@truedubuque.com
Date & Time: May 13th, 2017 Events begin at Noon
Weigh-ins: May 13th 9am-11:45am
Location: True. Fitness Life 340 E. 12th St., Dubuque, IA 52001
Divisions & Weight Classes:
• Women- Lightweight (<123.4, 123.5-132.4), Middleweight (132.5-148.4, 148.5-165.4), Heavyweight (165.5-181.4, 181.5-198.4), Super Heavyweight (198.5+)
• Men- Lightweight (<148.4, 148.5-165.4, 165.5-181.4), Middleweight (181.5-198.4, 198.5-220.4), Heavyweight (220.5-242.4, 242.5-275.4), Super Heavyweight (275.5-308.4, 308+)
Events: Press Medley (Keg Press, Log Press, Axle C&P), Yoke Walk, Frame Carry, Max Deadlift, Stones for reps
Awards: Winner of each division will receive an award. Award TBD
Entry Fee: $30 (Free T-Shirt)
Entry Deadline: No specific deadline. Can sign up on day of meet.
Press Medley: Log press, axle c&p, keg press
Atlas stone for reps
1. Press Medley- Athlete will start with first implement (Log Press), athlete will clean the log and press overhead one time. After a successful lift, move onto the next implement (Axle Clean & Press), clean the axle and press overhead one time. After a successful lift, move onto third implement (Keg Press), clean the keg and press overhead once. After successful lift, event is over and your time will be kept. You are given 60 seconds to complete each implement. If you at all fail to complete an implement, you’re done with this event and prepare for the next event. No lifting suits allowed. No straps allowed. Knee/Elbow sleeves, chalk, wrist wraps are all ok.
2. Frame Carry- Athlete will pick up the implement and run a 50’ course. Allowed unlimited drops but must finish the course within 60 seconds, If athlete doesn’t finish the course, a distance will be marked and athlete will move onto next event. No straps allowed. No lifting suits allowed. Chalk is ok.
3. Yoke Walk- Athlete will pick up implement and run a 50’ course. . Allowed unlimited drops but must finish the course within 60 seconds, If athlete doesn’t finish the course, a distance will be marked and athlete will move onto next event. No lifting suits allowed. Knee/Elbow sleeves, chalk, wrist wraps are all ok.
4. Max Deadlift- Athlete must give first attempt when he or she signs in on meet day. If athlete fails an attempt, the athlete is done with this event. If athlete achieves lockout and is given a good lift, athlete must give his or her next attempt to the booth. No lifting suits allowed. Straps and chalk are ok.
5. Atlas Stones for reps- Athlete will begin with hands on the bar at starting position and will be told when to begin. Athlete will load selected stone over a 48” bar for as many reps as he or she can achieve in 60 seconds. Tacky is ok to use.